HAVE YOUR SAY IN VASP REGULATION
The V20 is a critical two-day industry summit for the worlds leading Virtual Asset Service Provider’s (VASPS’s), held in parallel to the G20 Leaders Summit in Osaka, Japan, with representation from leading digital asset exchanges as well as key domestic industry representative bodies and guest’s from the FATF. By invitation only.
- 24 June, 2019 Crowdfund Insider – Digital Assets: Key Goal of V20 is to Explore Solutions and Come Up with a Solution to FATF Guidelines Impacting VASPs
- 24 June, 2019 Coinfomania – Forget the Price of Bitcoin — V20 Summit Needs Our Support
- 19 June, 2019 CoinDesk – Regulators Debate Cryptocurrency Legislation Ahead of G20 Summit
- 19 June 2019 Forkast.News – Will Osaka Be Crypto’s Bretton Woods Moment?
- 19 June, 2019 CoinTelegraph –Legislators Endorse Virtual Asset Summit Convened in Response to Coming FATF Crypto Rules
- 18 June, 2019 Bitcoin News – Legislators Support V20 Summit in Response to New FATF Rules
- 12 June, 2019 CoinTelegraph – FATF to Release New Rules for Global Crypto Sector, Impacting Exchanges, Funds, Custodians
- 11 June, 2019 Bloomberg – Crypto Exchanges Are Facing Their Biggest Regulatory Hurdle Yet
- 10 June, 2019 CCN – G20 Ministers Discuss Crypto Benefits, Commit to Risk-focused Vigilance
- 10 June, 2019 CoinDesk – G20 Reaffirms It Will Apply Expected Tough New FATF Rules on Crypto
- 29 May, 2019 Forbes – Stronger AML Enforcement Might Actually Save Crypto
- 27 May, 2019 CoinDesk – The Cat-and-Mouse Game of Crypto Regulation Enters a New Phase
- 24 May, 2019 Bitcoin.com – Supreme Court Advocate Suggests How to Regulate Crypto in India
- 24 May, 2019 CryptoBriefing – Bitcoin Price Predictions Continue Outlandish Trend: We Measured Them In Cars.
- 24 May, 2019 CryptoBriefing – FATF Recommendation 16 Could Send Bitcoin “Back To The Dark Ages”
- May 23, 2019 CoinTelegraph – Japan to Check Money Laundering Policies of Crypto Exchanges Ahead of FATF Inspection
- May 21, 2019 Cointelegraph – Russia Delays Adoption of Crypto Regulation Due to FATF Order to Legislate Bitcoin
- May 20, 2019 Coindesk – Beyond KYC: Regulators Set to Adopt Tough New Rules for Crypto Exchanges
- May 20, 2019 Asia Times – Global rules key as crypto hits mainstream
- May 17, 2019 Finder – Brace for impact: Cryptocurrency industry faces heavy regulatory blow
- May 17, 2019 Cointelegraph – What Crypto Exchanges Do to Comply With KYC, AML and CFT Regulations
- April 12, 2019 Coindesk – ‘Oneous’ FATF Recommendations Harmful for Crypto Transparency: Chainalysis
- December 11, 2018 Coindesk – UK Crypto Exchanges Pose Low Money Laundering Risk, Says Global Watchdog
- October 19, 2018 Coindesk – Global AML Watchdog to Release Crypto Regulations By Next June
- June 12, 2018 Coindesk – Money-Laundering Task Force Wants Binding Rules for Crypto Exchanges
- March 28, 2018 Coindesk – A G20 Crypto Policy? Let’s Hope It’s a Pipe Drea
THE V20, osaka June 28 - 29
With the G20 exploring how to maximize opportunities presented by blockchain technologies, and with businesses needing clarity and certainty around global regulatory frameworks, we have recognised a need for an international dialogue to drive collaboration between government and industry (and other such-key stakeholders moving forward) to deliver a coordinated response to the updated standards proposed by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
With this in mind representatives of international trade associations, will lead a two-day event known as the ‘V20’ held in parallel to the G20 Leaders Summit in Osaka, Japan, with representation from leading digital asset exchanges as well as key domestic industry representative bodies and invitees from the FATF.
The goal of the event is to discuss a unified approach in developing a solution that will be both workable for business and acceptable for regulators.
The v20 representatives
Many individuals and organisations are coming together to ensure that the V20 is a success and that we proactively collaborate to help shape future FATF actions.
Without the unified support of Virtual Asset Service Providers (VASP’s), digital exchanges, government and industry associations, there will be no voice at the table.
To understand that critical nature of the situation, and it’s impact on industry, please see the recent CoinDesk article “Beyond KYC: Regulators Set to Adopt Tough New Rules for Crypto Exchanges” (May 20, 2019)
- A round table summit of government agencies, crypto companies, and FATF representatives at the G20 Summit in Osaka
- Regulation proposed by the industry reflecting the unique nature of virtual assets to influence the FATF proposal.
- An extension of the timeline for the updated FATF standards to come into effect.
- Development of protocols and standards to underpin a platform to meet the information collection requirements of FATF.
WHAT IS THE FATF?
Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is an inter-governmental body that sets global standards to combat anti-money laundering and terrorist financing (AML/CFT).
As of 2018 there are 36 Member countries of FATF and policies drafted by FATF are highly regarded and treated as law. Starting with its own members, the FATF monitors countries’ progress in implementing the FATF Recommendations; reviews money laundering and terrorist financing techniques and counter-measures; and, promotes the adoption and implementation of the FATF Recommendations globally.
If you are a representative of a leading international Virtual Asset Service Provider and would like to connect on this important matter (or submit an EOI) ahead of June 28 and 29 please be in touch.
Stay up to date on the progress of the V20 and any news relating to the regulation of digital assets globally.
We rely on support from the industry to bring everyone together, the FATF, legislators and industry leaders. Please feel free to show your support direct to the addresses below.
Bitcoin Cash (BCH):
Ethereum (ETH): 0xa544a38ddCd81daE15467F5C802592B9EBD16774